Vauxhall Corsa - Cam belt or chain?

I have a 2016 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 petrol. Can you please tell me if it has a cam belt or a cam chain?

Also, when accelerating up through the gears from cold, there seems to be an exhaust boom or resonance at the higher revs which disappears when I take my foot off the accelerator, and totally when the engine warms up. Should I be concerned?

Asked on 30 April 2016 by Martd

That will be chain cam because it is the new motor. This is a curious model that is deliberately restricted in power to make it more economical (the 1.4T engine can easily make 130PS). So I think the boom is simply due to this restriction. It might run more smoothly on Shell V-Power that gives more torque at low revs.