Toyota Yaris diesel 2006 - 2009 - any good for my first car or not a good idea.?

I want to buy my first car, a Toyota Yaris 2006 to 09 diesel and not sure if it will give me too many problems due to age. For getting around locally and shopping, visiting family friends locally with two kids. The price range I have seen is about £2,000 - £4,000.

Asked on 4 January 2016 by sharika

No DPF to worry about on a 2006 to 2009, so no reason not to go diesel. The 1.6 Toyota diesel is chain cam and as long as it's properly maintained is generally reliable.