Wheel and steering alignment

My Toyota RAV4 came back from having the brake pads changed (local Toyota dealership) with the steering wheel about five degrees off centre. This was corrected by adjusting the tie rods but that has made the steering vague and floaty. Is this something the dealership ought to be able to sort out or should I take this to a specialist (or someone with a better wheel alignment system) instead?

It's vague and floaty because it's now set with too much toe-in, so, if the Toyota dealer can't set it with proper alignment kit it needs to be taken to a branch of www.alignmycar.co.uk/ I guess that to change the pads they simply jacked up each side with a trolley jack and either bent a suspension part or twisted the whole frame of the car.