Delayed Audi A3 order - where do I stand?

On the 22nd September 2015 I ordered a new Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI. I was assured by the dealership that the car would arrive either before Christmas or the first week in January. I was told last week that the car would not now be arriving until March 2015 (nearly six months from the date of order).

I have dislocated my left foot, so it's important that I have this new automatic car as soon as possible - they tell me it's impossible. The guy who promised the car has now left and his manager said he should not have quoted that time.

I am very distressed about this whole matter. What would you suggest as next steps. I placed a £500 deposit, what are the implications of my cancelling the order?

Asked on 29 October 2015 by Adele38

If they cannot deliver the car by the date that was promised they are in breach of contract and must therefore forfeit the £500 deposit and return it to you. That then leaves you free to shop around either personally or via a broker to find a car you can take delivery of immediately.