Do I need tinted glass?

I am buying a new Ford Focus 1.0 litre hatchback and have been offered an "Appearance Pack" free of charge. This pack gives a slightly lower profile tyre but also tinted glass on the rear side windows and the rear screen. What are the effects of Ford's tinted glass on daytime light transmission and more importantly what will the effects be on night vision especially when looking through the rear view?

The lower profile tyres will harden the ride, be more vulnerable to pothole damage and be more expensive to replace. So I'd rather negotiate a bigger discount than have them. But the tinted glass is no problem. There is never more of a problem to see out through it. The glass is designed to make it more difficult for outsiders to see in.