Mazda 6 cutting out

I've recently found that my Mazda 6 is cutting out on me. it tends to happen in the morning - I start the car, reverse out of the garage, and as I depress the clutch, the revs drop and it cuts out on me.

It also does this at junctions when I drop the clutch to change gear. I have found that when I start up, if I hold the revs for a few minutes, and warm up the engine, then it doesn't do it. I have had the fuel filter changed, and I have also had it analysed by the computer and no warnings.

Reads like a blocked EGR. But if this is the 143PS version with a DPF, then vital to check the engine oil level. If it is high and rising then your DPF is blocked and you need to get it regenerated and an engine oil change.
Tags: