Replacing driving light bulbs on peugeot 5008

One of my driving light bulbs has blown on my 5008 - Halfords has never changed such a bulb, and my local dealer requests about £90 to remove front bumper and headlamp assembly to access the bulb housing to change it. Can this be correct?

I'd love to be pulled over in France by the Gendarmerie and told to replace my defective bulb and blame their production design! Am I stuck with this running cost bill?

Asked on 14 November 2012 by miles_smiles01

Yes, correct. They make a law compelling drivers to carry a kit of spare bulbs, but don't compel manufacturers to make it possible for drivers to fit them.