When should I start polishing my new car?

I have a brand new car, manufactured to order, and wondered if I should wait several months before polishing it to wait for the paint to fully harden? I seem to remember many years ago this was the advice for cellulose based paint, but does this apply to the latest paints? The colour is non-metallic red. I use Autoglym polish.

Polish cuts the paint. On a new car the paint has not hardened. It is most likeluy clearcoated so polishing could remove the clearcoat. You can wax it, of course. Best not to polish it.