Waiting three months for my over 70s licence renewal, is this normal?

I applied for renewal of my over 70s medical driving licence in March 2022. I have tracked my application which only shows "in progress". Is it normal to wait this long?

Asked on 24 June 2022 by B Mayne

Answered by Sarah Tooze
The DVLA says there are no delays with online applications, and the processing time for those is within 5 days. However, if this was a paper application the wait will be much longer.

Either way, I would suggest trying all forms of communication with the DVLA (phone, online contact form or writing to the DVLA medical department: Drivers' Medical Enquiries, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1TU) and, failing that, making a formal complaint.