My windscreen wiper is juddering - how do I fix it?

I have a 2016 Citroen C1 and I have noticed that when I use the wiper it judders across the windscreen. It is clearing the rain fine and not making any loud noises. It is not a violent judder, but still something that I have noticed.

The car has recently been through a health check so all the wipers have been checked.

Do you think perhaps it will be a simple case of wiping the blades and windscreen and going from there?

Asked on 24 November 2021 by Alyssa

It could be dirt on the wiper blade and/or windscreen. Or it may be the wiper blade is worn out and needs replacing.

If these steps do not fix the problem then I guess that the wiper blade tension is too tight and requires adjusting. The car's owner's manual should show you how to do this. Or you can ask a friendly local garage or auto shop to do this if you also decide to change the wiper blades.