How do I play music from my phone in my Vauxhall Corsa?

We have bought a nearly new (2020) Vauxhall Corsa. We thought it came with a CD player but it did not; however, it does have a USB port which we have been told is only for charging a phone. We have asked the dealer if the USB can be changed to allow music to be played from a memory stick but no one can give us an answer. Can you offer any advice?

Asked on 4 October 2021 by Tom Love

All versions of the latest Vauxhall Corsa are fitted with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto - this means the infotainment screen will mirror your phone's display when you plug it in via the USB socket. Both Carplay and Andriod Auto will allow you to play music via your phone.

I've not tried to play music in the Corsa via the USB socket. But traditionally this socket will also let you play media via the infotainment system.