Primeraquai?

I have a 2004/54 Primera DCI that I purchased about a year ago with 36k miles on the clock and full Nissan service history. It has run well, and for a diesel is very quiet. It has recently been serviced at just under 48k miles. However, since the service, when accelerating, especially at motorway speeds, there is a faint but noticeable whistling noise that neither my wife nor I recall hearing before. Is this something that I should be worried about? I have always simmered the turbo during my ownership after a high -speed run. In addition I note on your web site that there was a recall in Sept 2005 of DCIs for reprogramming of ECU's (recall no YD22 100KW), one of the symptoms being a whistling noise. How do I find out if my car was subject to the recall, and if so, whether the modification has been made?

Asked on 10 October 2009 by

Go to a Nissan dealer and he will find out if the TSB is registered on
Nissan's central computer. If Nissan paid a dealer to do the TSB, it will be on there.