My 4-year-old Ford Fiesta has broken coil springs on both sides. Can I ask for a manufacturer contribution?

My 4-year-old, 25,000-mile Ford Fiesta has developed a clunk at the rear. This has turned out to be broken coil springs on both sides. Is it reasonable to ask for a manufacturer contribution to the cost of replacement?

Asked on 4 March 2021 by Robert Goodman

If the car has a full dealer-stamped service history then it's worth asking your local dealer to make a 'goodwill contribution' to Ford UK. Given the age of the car, I'd hazard a guess that the failure is linked to potholes or speed bumps. I would not expect corrosion to affect a car that's just four-year-old.
Tags: