Green algae on my soft top roof is persistent. What can I do?

I have an Audi TTS convertible that I struggle to keep clean of green algae. I use Renovo Soft Top Cleaner but within a month the algae starts returning. I have had several soft tops over the years but never had this problem as bad. Is there anything I can do to prevent this issue from happening so frequently? The car isn’t parked near trees either. Kind regards.

Asked on 20 January 2021 by Jim Weir

Algae can be quite persistent. It sounds like it hasn't been completely eradicated when you clean the roof, so it's coming back after a while. We'd recommend using Milton sterilising tablets to kill the mould. Apply it with a soft tooth or nail brush and then rinse off.