Do I need to replace all four tyres at the same time?

My Mercedes-Benz E-Class will require new front tyres before winter. I would like to fit Michelin CrossClimate or similar. Can I just put these on the front with the standard tyres on the back or do I need to change all four at the same time?

Asked on 3 June 2020 by Brian Saunderson

This would be a very bad idea. Fitting all-season tyres to the front would destabilise the car and make the car very unpredictable to drive. You will need to replace all four at once. Otherwise, the rear tyres (which drive the car) will have less grip than the front.
Tags: tyres