Could you suggest an economical, reliable, 4WD car - which also has low BIK and low CO2 emissions?

I'm an employee who does about 18,000 - 20,000 miles a year. I'm looking for an economical, low BIK, low CO2, reliable, 4WD car that can also tow. It needs good boot space too.

Asked on 3 March 2020 by Andrew

You could consider a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. It officially emits 40g/km CO2 and can tow a braked trailer up to 1500kg, however it'll be very thirsty for your mileage without regular charging. A diesel will probably be a better option, although you'll be penalised on BIK rates... a Skoda Kodiaq has a big boot and a 2000kg braked towing capacity. The five-seat 4x4 model emits 136g/km meaning it'll cost you more in tax than the Outlander but it's likely to be a lot more efficient in the real world, and it'll be a better tow car.