Should I avoid buying a diesel?

I'm thinking of buying a diesel again. The one I'm interested in has the latest Euro 6d-TEMP compliant engine/exhaust system. What life expectancy do you think these latest diesels have in terms of legislation, bans etc?

Asked on 1 November 2019 by DocMarten

The latest Euro6 diesels are very efficient. While Bristol is currently talking about a blanket ban on diesels, they're ill-thought-out proposals that go against Government guidelines. In short, I wouldn't be concerned about buying a modern diesel provided most of your miles are out of town and you regularly cover long motorway journeys.