White van ban?

At our home, we often have very restricted access to our driveway due to a neighbour who parks a commercial van in the road opposite. There are no parking restrictions in this quiet, residential street and on the face of it he is quite entitled to park there. At least, that is the driver’s story. Accepting that neighbourly diplomacy has failed here, what can I do?

Whatever rights you have depend on the local council's byelaws about street parking of commercial vehicles. Check with your town hall.