How can I check the service history on a used car?

You can get a surprising amount of information on the background of a car for free - including its MoT history, mileage and whether it has road tax. To get all this information, you simply need to enter your registration number here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cheap-car-history-checks/#fre...s

If the car has been serviced by an approved dealer for the entirety of its life you may be able to obtain the full-service history from the dealer. But they will probably charge for this service and want to see evidence that you own the car.