How can I re-programme a key for my car?

The remote functions on one of my keys for a 2005 Nissan X-Trail does not work. I have replaced the battery. It may be the circuit board is faulty or that it has lost its programming. How do I try to reprogram the key? What is the procedure?

Asked on 19 August 2019 by john crosby

If you have another key that does work, then take both to a branch of Timpsons and they should be able to clone to the code from the good key to the non functioning key. Worth remembering that you only have 10 seconds to change a key battery before the key loses its code, so get the replacement battery out of its packet and ready before you start.