What is the long term battery life on a BMW i3?

Is there any information available yet regarding the degradation or actual battery life of the BMW i3? I drive the 94Ah range extender on a (66) plate. I'm really happy with it and would like to buy one outright but finding info on the battery life is difficult.

Asked on 31 October 2018 by Anubis1631

We've not had many reports of battery life issues with the i3. BMW has previously said that its batteries are designed to last as long as the vehicle, quoting a lifespan of 15 years and beyond. It also guarantees the i3 batteries will have a minimum of 70% capacity after 8 years or 100,000 miles. I wouldn't be too concerned about the battery life, particularly as you'll save money in other areas such as fuel and servicing.