I own a six year old diesel - what are the implications of the new MoT?

I own a 2012 Citroen C-Crosser 2.2 HDi Exclusive Auto. How will the new emissions test affect me? The car has been main dealer serviced from new and has covered 30,000 Miles. Although the mileage is low, the majority of these miles are not from short urban journeys. I now only use BP diesel, not supermarket diesel.

Asked on 25 June 2018 by Will Scarlett

If your car is in a good condition with regular maintenance then the new MoT rules will not cause any problems. There are new rules for reversing lights, contaminated brake fluid and fluid leaks. Euro5 diesels will automatically fail if there is visible smoke coming from the exhaust or if the DPF has been tampered with. For the full breakdown of the new MoT rules, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/legal-motoring-advice/20.../