What kind of chemistry do you have with your car? Love it? Loathe it? Let us know and you could win a £300 John Lewis voucher | No thanks

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe (2001 - 2008)

reviewed by jack darby on 22 March 2018
reviewed by Anonymous on 22 March 2018

C230 sport coupe evolution/panoram kit

reviewed by craftylady on 30 August 2011
Overall rating
How it drives
Fuel economy
Tax/Insurance/Warranty costs
Cost of maintenance and repairs
Experience at the dealership
How practical it is
How you rate the manufacturer
Overall reliability

Beautiful styling, not so 'sporty', love this car but some problems.

I've had this car since new i.e. 9 years now and love it, although the styling does come at a cost with some problems - initially total ignition failure, fuel consumption, and very poor bodywork. The car has always (with one exception) been serviced by MB, and have complained about the poor state (ie. rust points) of the bodywork for FOUR years now, but the MB garage WILL NOT do anything about rectifying it, although it has this 30 year warranty. Apparently it is at the descretion of the MB franchisees, so I am stuck with the poor bodywork unless I pay about £2500 to have it seen to. Its a great shame as I would now like to replace it for another Mercedes, but feel very reluctant as the service I have received from MB has been appalling. My husband is a BMW man and get brilliant service from BMW. Not sure what to change it to now as I love the MB coupe styling.

Report as offensive