Seat Leon FR - Seat Leon FR DPF Reoccurring problem - Seat_Leon

Seems like DPFs are the bain of a diesel vehicle reading some of the recent posts, mine is another sorry tale to add to the list, and I'm wondering if something more needs to be done as a large number of forums seem to have a long list of issues with these. Now I'm no expert, but our Seat needed the DPF to be replaced as it was full and couldn't be regenerated. Nearly £1000 later, new DPF, the light came on again, managed to clear it out using the usual advice. Few days later, light on again and into limp mode. Back to garage, got everything reset and a new sensor. Again the DPF warning light is on, long or short journeys without warning. With this many problems, and across multiple manufacturers there's a bigger issue out there......any thoughts?

Seat Leon FR - Seat Leon FR DPF Reoccurring problem - gordonbennet

Seem to be a problem with certain makers, seemingly those who fleece their customers for eye watering amounts of money without curing the problem.

Some manaufacturuers seem to have the problem quite well sorted, or maybe they look after their existing customers better if they do have a situation.

Either way i know which manufacturers i wouldn't touch with a barge pole, ever.

Seat Leon FR - Seat Leon FR DPF Reoccurring problem - Seat_Leon

Ok, the light is on again, and after a 7th regeneration, and a trip to the dealership, there appears to be a major break through. It seems that on the quiet Seat have issued a communication to branches advising that there is an injection fault, and although couldn't get a straight answer, this has been sending too much fuel, causing the fumes we could smell constantly, and having an impact on the way the engine works and the exhaust system, hence the overfilling of the DPF. So car booked in for repair under warranty, and hoping this will fix all the other problems too. A letter to Seat head office on its way for all the issues over the last 6 months, light at the end of the tunnel I hope........

Seat Leon FR - Seat Leon FR DPF Reoccurring problem - ajd3477
Hi there - having a similar deal with an Ibiza ecomotive and have been thoroughly given run round by local dealership.
Car low mileage & just out of warranty. Sensor replaced and within a month DPF itself.

Could you feedback your seat response as will help my irate letter I shall be penning in the next few days.

Many thanks.
Seat Leon FR - Seat Leon FR DPF Reoccurring problem - Crasher

The DPF has been with us since roughly 2008 and the cars I see are just out of warranty so 2008/9 models only and we are getting one call after another day in day out about DPF issues, one was an A1 with 5K miles on that had suffered a small impact and been driven around a car park for a few months, the DPF was clogged solid and I only just managed to carry out a forced regeneration and even then the ash level in the filter is equivalent to an average car with 100K miles on. A large number of calls are from people who have had the DPF removed and the ECU reprogrammed to suit; I am trying to sort two like this at the moment with serious running issues. The DPF is going to become the biggest nightmare in modern automotive memory.