2010 VW Polo - New VW Polo Wipers - faisal93

I've got a new shape VW polo and the front factory windscreen wipers have started smearing. So I measured the sizes (24" & 16") and looked online for Bosch aerotwin ones. I've have now bought and returned both the Multi clip (AM24U) and retro fit (AR24U) ones as none of them fit! Are the wipers on the car specific to a VW's own wiper? The connector is a push connector. The multiclip was the closest to fit but there's a bit of plastic on the end of the clip which doesn't allow the wipers to slot and click into position. Any help from people who have had similar issues would be great. Thanks.

2010 VW Polo - New VW Polo Wipers - Victorbox

You may get the info you're after here: http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/?gclid=CNj82fbyxqkCFcfc4AodpggWPA It looks like the Bosch ones for the Polo are multi fit whereas Champion ones are specific fit.

Vauxhall use Valeo wipers as OEM so I buy from this site as they stock Valeo specific fit.

Edited by Victorbox on 21/06/2011 at 13:33

2010 VW Polo - New VW Polo Wipers - faisal93

Turns out the connector has been specifically made for VW's own brand of wipers only! Unbelievable, went a picked up some from the dealer for £28 which was about the same I paid for the Bosch ones. They last around a year so I suppose they'll have to do now. Thanks for the reply.