Accessing BCA Auction View on an Android Phone - hatman
I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I was hoping to access BCA Auctionview on the move but it's a nightmare! It keeps going back to the log in page everytime I try to view a car or an auction catalogue! I've spent hours getting nowhere with it but annoyingly the phone works fine on all other websites! Is the BCA site not compatible with Android phones?

I tried Auctionview on a friend's iphone last year and it worked perfectly. I so wish I got an iphone now but I'm stuck with a 2 yr contract and I can't return the Samsung. I'm half tempted to sell it on eBay and then pay the line rental with the proceeds! I'll probably lose about £300 but I know it will drive mad not being able to access Auctionview on the move when that's the only reason I bought the phone!

Has anyone else on here got an Android Phone that uses Auctionview? Are there any apps or shortcuts to making it work online. I'm just hoping that BCA will eventually make it's website mobile internet friendly! It's driving me mad as the main reason I upgraded to such a dear phone was to access Auctionview on train trips to car auctions!

Greatly appreciate any help

Edited by hatman on 19/06/2011 at 01:01

Accessing BCA Auction View on an Android Phone - rsvtoddy

Have you tried a different browser?

I had issues with the original one not working on some weblinks and changed to Skyfire and not had any problems. You can run multiple browsers.

HTH

Many thanks for the reply. To be honest I'm not very technically minded and I don't want to mess up the phone but I will definitely investigate Skyfire. I must admit I didn't realise it was possible to run different browsers on a phone! I'd probably only use that browser for Auctionview. Do you know if it's possible to use an Android phone for the Live Online part of the BCA website?

It does seem technically possible to access Auctionview from the Galaxy S2 as on one occasion I actually managed to get the full listing of cars at Blackbushe and opened photos of a car but 99% of the time it just kept directing me to the log-in page, even though it stated that I was signed in at the top right!

Many thanks again

Accessing BCA Auction View on an Android Phone - rsvtoddy

Sorry can't help you with the BCA site but it sounds like the sort of issues I was having using online banking with the original browser.

Skyfire is in the android market and is easy to install.

Many thanks for the reply, I'll try downloading Skyfire today. I think one possible problem is that this phone always access the mobile versions of websites and so far I can't find a way to override that! If I could access Auctionview as though it was a pc it might work ok. I guess not many people who use BCA Auctionview use their mobiles to access it but I think it's a good way of catching up with late entries that wouldn't be listed on Auctionview the night before an auction.

Many thanks again

Accessing BCA Auction View on an Android Phone - tanvir

As well as Skyfire there is Opera Mini, which I find excellent.

Many thanks for the replies. I'm hoping that the new browser will kid the phone into thinking it s a pc and Auctionview will work ok. It is really bizarre though as literally every other website I've tried to view works perfectly, not much slower than my pc! I can't return the phone without losing hundreds so I'll keep trying! I'm hoping that BCA might bring out a mobile friendly site eventually!