Peugeot 807 - Peugeot 807 - NP807

Good evening,

Due to an ever extending family, I have looked at buying various MPVs on the market.

For various reasons, in terms of spec, gadgets and car layout I would like to buy a peugeot 807 - 2.0 HDI year 2006.

I am a bit nervous re-reliability since I have been struggling to find good reviews. My take is that the models up to 2003/2004 were the ones with problems and that a 2006 version is relatively fault free. Are they really that bad?

P.S. my wife is nagging me to get a sharan/galaxy which have better rating but none of the french flair layout.

Cheers.

Peugeot 807 - Peugeot 807 - gordonbennet
I've heard more bad than good reports of these, you struggling to find good reviews might be the writing on the wall...no doubt a good one is a nice MPV but would someone sell a peach?

Having had a quick browse some of these are for sale with comparatively high mileages leading me to think there maybe quite a few ex private hire about...though that's a possibility with any MPV.

As well as the good lady's suggestion consider also, Previa, Mitsi Grandis and Sedona 06 onwards in no particular order.

Peugeot 807 - Peugeot 807 - Collos25

They won the award of the worst most unreliable vehicle in 2009 by Autobild its called the gold carrot award.They make Renault look good if you want a large people carrier look to what the taxi firms use I´ll bet they are far eastern if you stop European then VW transporter are excellent.The main problems with the Citroen are the front suspension,brakes,electric doors just to start with.But I must admit they do look nice.

Peugeot 807 - Peugeot 807 - NP807

thanks for the advice to all., something else to mull over.

I find it generally disapointing that in this day and age, manufacturers are still messing about and some cars are unreliable, they should be past that stage by now, they have had 100 years.

Peugeot 807 - Peugeot 807 - Clanger

I have a Citroen C8, the 807's sister. Bought new in 2006, done 57k miles, mainly short hops with some continental towing on holidays. It's had new rear brake calipers under warranty and the rear electric doors stopped working for a period when it was very icy a few years ago. They still worked manually. Its battery went from slow starting to complelely dead in the space of 2 days this year leaving my wife at the mercy of the breakdown service. Like other PSA cars the various ECUs don't like low voltage and show their tantrums by flashing the hazards.

For 6'2" 15 stone me it's a comfortable vice-free drive. Weekdays it tows my gardening trailer with the seats folded and full of tools, many weekends it's a family hack. When I was looking for my next car I found the Galaxy horribly basic and uncomfotable in comparison and the big rear doors were a nuisance when parked close to others.

I'm biassed in favour; it was my 19th Citroen and I don't regret buying it for a moment.

Edited by Clanger on 25/11/2010 at 10:05

Peugeot 807 - Peugeot 807 - Collos25

I agree they are lovely vehicles when running ok the problems come when they are a bit older and in the original mail they were looking for one already 4/5 years old.