Honda Jazz- 1.2 or 1.4? - Glenn 42

This is on my shortlist for next spring when I change cars and am interested in a two year old Honda Jazz( new shape). Is there any advantage in buying a 1.4 over a 1.2 as there seems to be little benefit performance wise with the 1.4 and economy is similar? The only thing I could consider the 1.4 for is maybe it would have a little more overtaking power, although a top speed of 110 mph( about the same as my Nissan has now) would suggest the 1.2 is no slug.

Honda Jazz- 1.2 or 1.4? - nortones2

Honda badge the 1339cc engine as a 1.4 but it's missing a few cc to make that an honest approximation:) Neither are much fun, but they get along OK. I'm quite interested in the 1.5 assembled in the UK for export, but we still only get the mediocre versions. Not that a 1.5 with 120PS is a ball of fire, but it's slightly more than the output of the old Golf GTI I once had.

Honda Jazz- 1.2 or 1.4? - Buster Cambelt

I ran a "1.4" VTEC Jazz to a stratospheric mileage with no trouble whatsoever. Despite being driven hard it always achieved 47-50mpg and did not burn a drop of oil.

The current series Jazz has a VTEC engine that is light years ahead of the older 1.4s in terms of performance. It's no ball of fire but it's by no means the sluggard that some would have you believe.

Honda Jazz- 1.2 or 1.4? - Glenn 42

The economy on both engine sizes is another consideration, 53 mpg puts this nearly in diesel territory.

Honda Jazz- 1.2 or 1.4? - Avant

I think you'd have to work the 1.2 harder to get similar performance to the 1.4. So if you enjoy driving it won't save you much, and you'll wish you'd gone for the 1.4. But if you drive sedately and mainly around town, a 1.2 will probably do fine.