Merc E320 CDi - Water wetter or not? - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)

Regular readers (wonderful stuff All-Bran) will remember I tow a caravan with my car.When driving solo with it the coolant temp sits bang on 80 degrees, always has done. When towing the temperature rises to just under 90 degrees due to the extra load on the engine and transmission. I fitted a 12 row trans oil cooler in the offside front wing but it doesnt affect the temperature to any noticeable degree but I do have the peace of mind of an extra couple of litres of trans fluid in the system. My question is, will Redline Water Wetter shave a few degrees off the temp when towing? Has anyone had experience of this stuff?
Cheers

Merc E320 CDi - Water wetter or not? - bathtub tom

I think with your experience, this has got to be a wind-up!

I googled the stuff and soon found a quote: "Strangely, Redline’s own test results don’t square with their ad copy. Their technical literature only shows an eight degree Fahrenheit drop in a car with a 50/50 mix of water and coolant".

Have you considered an additional windscreen washer type bottle, pump and mist nozzle pointed to your radiator to take advantage of the latent heat of evaporation when required?