Am I banned? - vt5060

Hi,

I was banned from driving in 2007 for 3 years and my ban is due to expire nect month. I contacted the DVLA today to inquire about applying for my provisional again as the court ordered my to retake my driving test. The DVLA informed me that the y have absolutely no record of me having a driving ban and as far as they are concerned, I have a full, clean driving licence. They also told me that if I was to be pulled over by the police, they would say the same as they share the same information as the DVLA.

Does anyone know if this means I am legal to drive? I haven't drove for 3 years and don't intend to if I am not legal.

Regards,

Ian

Am I banned? - Dwight Van Driver

Obviously if you were AT COURT when the ban was imposed then the sentence is effective. It will also be on record in that Court Register.

If that was the case then presumably the Clerk of the Court took posssion of your Driving Licence with a view to forwarding it to DVLA together with a record of the Conviction/Ban.

If DVLA have no record then there has been a 'hiccup' twixt Court and DVLA. This will not nullify the sentence.

I would suggest and to be on the safe side, that as you know when the ban ends that you wait until that date and then apply for a Provisional etc etc.

dvd

Am I banned? - vt5060

Hi dvd,

Thanks for your reply.

The court never actually revoked my licence, that would obviously explain why the DVLA don't have any record.

Regards,

Ian