Ford Focus III - tyre wear - wattie

i have a focus with 14500 miles on, the front tyres are down to 3mm, will it make any difference whether they are top brand tyres or a good mid range, i have continental contacts on at present

Ford Focus III - tyre wear - daveyjp

All have differing opinions - we have Contis on our Aygo and I am disappointed with the wear rate.

There are some excellent mid price range tyres, "top brand" is usually due to advertising rather than scientific proof. Check out Toyo, Kuhmo or Vredesteins if you want a good tyre for a sensible price.

Ford Focus III - tyre wear - corax

Continentals may have a higher wear rate but the Premium Contacts have excellent grip, turn in and braking, even in the wet. Michelins are probably one of the best for wear rate, something like the Primacy HP, but they are expensive. With Michelins you do get what you pay for though.

Ford Focus III - tyre wear - piston power

Are yours the 205 55/16 h ?

Mine has this and it's a popular size although on a astra i got 19k but i did rotate my tyres back to front at 9k , im on michelin now and there wearing better than the continentalls which came on as standard.

It all depends on how long you want to keep it and what mileage you do for me im keeping it for another 2 years so fit the best you can afford if it's 6 months and your getting rid fit a cheaper brand.