01 1.6 Windscreen wiper wash - not working - looking4car
My wiper wash stopped the other day and I guessed it was empty, so filled the resevoir with a strong mix and it seemed to have been empty.

Now, no liquid appears at front or rear and resevoir remains full to the brim.

Any ideas what I should be looking at ?

Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/01/2010 at 00:55

01 1.6 Wndscreen wiper wash - not working - Dynamic Dave
I suspect the nozzles have frozen up. Regardless how strong the mix is, it will only stop the bottle itself from freezing up.
01 1.6 Wndscreen wiper wash - not working - Pete Mansell
Possibly sediment in the reservoir blocking the filter. See my posting on this - www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=80491&...e. Although my car is the Mk2, I suspect the system is more or less the same.

Of course if it is a sediment problem it will affect both back and rear washers.

Edited by Pete Mansell on 09/01/2010 at 09:57

01 1.6 Wndscreen wiper wash - not working - mikej
With the consistently low temperatures we've had for the last week, frozen tubes or nozzles will be a common problem, particularly in your case if you've not had chance to pump a stronger mix through.

If I was you I'd be making attempts to thaw out the lines, but I fear you might be fighting a losing battle at the moment !

Incidentally - if you have the climate pack (air con, heated front screen) then you should also have heated washer jets.

Edited by mikej on 09/01/2010 at 14:48

01 1.6 Wndscreen wiper wash - not working - looking4car
Thanks for the replies.

I guess it must have frozen up somewhere when the system was near empty.

Today, everything was OK

:-)
01 1.6 Wndscreen wiper wash - not working - salf
i had the same problem, self diagnosed it was ice as the pump didnt "whine" just had a "thud" from it for a few days. Eventually got annoyed with it so got 4L of hot water and poared it into the reservoir even though this made it overflow as it was full of neat screenwash at the time. Bit more hot water around the inlet pipe thing (not knowing the tech word for it) and out came water! Mush better then having to slow down, open my window and spraw water on it every few miles!