Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
A quick Friday quiz. I'm just about to go and collect my company Qashqai from the local main dealer after it's second service. It had had its first one before I was given it. Not aware of any other work required.

Now, I've not had a car into a main dealership for servicing for years but my new employer wants it fettled by Nissan. Fair enough.

I have not the vaguest notion what the bill will be, not a scooby doo.

I will make a £1 donation to charity this evening on behalf of the nearest guess.

What do you think my bill will be ?
Qashqai Quiz - the swiss tony
£239.00
Qashqai Quiz - Altea Ego
£249.99
Qashqai Quiz - legacylad
£154.60
Qashqai Quiz - Ben 10
£275
Qashqai Quiz - old crocks
£189.18 inc VAT
Qashqai Quiz - daveyjp
£290 which includes a brake fluid change.
Qashqai Quiz - TheOilBurner
£199.99 (including screenwash...)

Edited by TheOilBurner on 18/12/2009 at 15:46

Qashqai Quiz - maz64
£294 inc. VAT etc.

Edited by Focus {P} on 18/12/2009 at 15:47

Qashqai Quiz - redviper
£230 inc vat
Qashqai Quiz - Lou_O
£242
Qashqai Quiz - Lud
Two or three hundred quid. Haven't a clue really.

But I treasure the memory of a bill I once got from an old-fashioned City solicitor. It contained the item 'Sundry Disbursements'. The amount was quite modest.

A penny for the crossing-sweeper perhaps?
Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
Well I've got it back. Quite surprised really. £140.74 inc VAT. Where would you like the £1 to go Legacylad ? ( Might manage a little bit more than that on reflection........)

;-)
Qashqai Quiz - Pugugly
A QUID ?? HUMPH !!
Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
Aye well, I suppose it is Christmas....normally it'd be 10p ye ken....
Qashqai Quiz - ifithelps
...after it's second service...

You're still doing a million miles then, Humph?
Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
Still driving quite a lot but it had 14k on it when I got it. The company already owned it before I got it. Now up to 22k.
Qashqai Quiz - legacylad
To Cave Rescue Organisation (Clapham) Saving Lives Above & Below Ground in the Yorkshire Dales.....just in case you thought it was a charity south of Barnsley!
Don't worry about the quid Humph, I shall put the money into the box on the bar of my local when I am next in. Next year is their 75th anniversary. Not bad going at all.

By the way...and talking of solicitors...I know one who answers the phone (seriously) ''Speak first, you're paying''.....I like that, makes me chuckle...
Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
Sounds good legacylad. I'll pop a little contribution in our local Macmillan in return. Mrs B got the all clear on a little something yesterday. Quite a good Christmas present all told.
Qashqai Quiz - Altea Ego
Sounds good legacylad. I'll pop a little contribution in our local Macmillan in return. Mrs
B got the all clear on a little something yesterday. Quite a good Christmas present
all told.

Thats one service well worth paying for then. ;)
Qashqai Quiz - barney100
£318
Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
Um... ^

;-)
Qashqai Quiz - ifithelps
Need to get the CC3 in early in the New Year, 11,500m and counting.
Qashqai Quiz - Pugugly
Barney,

Humph said he's only giving a quid - tried to make him diog deeper myself to no avail !
Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
OK already !! A fiver then......sheesh....

;-)
Qashqai Quiz - Pugugly
You can make it tax deductible !
Qashqai Quiz - Alby Back
Trust a solicitor, even a retired one to get something talked up to five times its real value by the time you come to pay the bill ! ;-)

Anyway, back to the Squashy. Not too bad for a main dealer service I thought but when you come to read the invoice it's nothing more than an oil change and a quick look round. £40 odd in parts, £80 odd labour and VAT.
Qashqai Quiz - ifithelps
...trust a solicitor to get something talked up to five times its real value...

If it's worth talking up, you may as well do it properly:

tinyurl.com/y9bczcj

Qashqai Quiz - Jcoventry
It is interesting how much servicing costs differ between different manufacturers/dealers. When at Toyota earlier this week I was looking at the Auris and used Corollas and asked what the servicing costs, guy told me £180 for a minor service, £280 for a major service.