06 1.6 Removal of rear lamp cluster - tonyho
Hi
One of my brake ligkts has failed. I took the 2 bolts out of the rear lamp cover any tried to pull it off, but it just won't budge. Is there a trick to this. I don't really want to have to go to a garage for this, but neither do I want to do damage wrenching the cover off. Any tips?

Regards & Thanks

06 1.6 Removal of rear lamp cluster - Falkirk Bairn
Any tips?

RTFM
06 1.6 Removal of rear lamp cluster - redviper
The manual will explain how to change a bulb

If changing the bulb does not involve taking out the cluster from the rear of the housing by unclipping it from a access panel in the rear then lens removal should be easier than removing bolts to do this

My Astra G involved removing the light cluster from the rear ? this involved the unclipping the cable and unscrewing of 2 hand twist ?knobs? which is a variation on a butterfly nut (that?s the best way I can think of describing it) however it made this process as user friendly and easy as it could be. The lens then simply popped out from the back (by pushing on the two bolts from the rear)

So that?s two ways of doing it but I don?t know much about your model of car ? your manual will advise
06 1.6 Removal of rear lamp cluster - tonyho
I've removed the 2 retaining bolts as shown in the manual, but then it says to pull the assembly away in the direction of the rear of the car. Looking at the diagrams there might be 4 clips still holding the cluster to the car. They appear to show that you need to pull back and then up. I've pulled and tugged until the whole car is almost moving, but I can't shift it. I think that it needs to be levered off, but that could result in something getting broken.
Has anybody attempted changing a bulb on this model?
06 1.6 Removal of rear lamp cluster - Jim Reaper

After removing the two bolts the cluster will come off by sliding rearwards but make sure you have trimmed your finger nails otherwise it could become painful short trip to A&E.

06 1.6 Removal of rear lamp cluster - Jim Reaper

That all looks a bit odd, something has gone horribly wrong somewhere on the keyboard - Let me try again, I removed the rear light cluster by removing the two bolts but it is a very tight fit and on assembly it is slid with 2 plastic pins into a couple of plastic locating sockets. Getting the cluster out of these sockets isn't easy and requires patience and as I said "short finger nails". When it does release it comes out with the need to catch the unit before any damage is caused.