How do you identify the 90HP and 110HP engine? - danensis
Probably a silly question, but how do you tell a 90HP from a 110HP Berlingo?

{header amended to include question being asked}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/08/2009 at 21:44

I now have the official answer from Citroen:

There is no way to identify the 90HP and 100HP engine externally.

The only way to tell the difference is to drive round in the 90HP model, and then drive round in the 100HP model, and observe the difference.
How do you identify the 90HP and 110HP engine? - TheOilBurner
Wouldn't they have different engine codes stamped on the blocks?

The other option is to look for the Power figure in kW on the car's V5.

The 90bhp will say something like 67KW, the 110bhp will say 82KW. The actual figure in KW may vary depending on whether the BHP quoted is actually PS or BHP...

Edited by TheOilBurner on 14/08/2009 at 16:59

I was trying to establish whether or not the V5 was correct - other vehicles I've owned usually have something on the engine stating the output.

Where on the block would the code be stamped? I've looked in all the obvious places!
How do you identify the 90HP and 110HP engine? - gordonbennet
Surprised there's no obvious difference, surely one has an intercooler or something?

If not then it seems to me a chip/remap would be a simple upgrade on either, they are good to drive and the extra oomph would make an already capable vehicle a pleasure.

Pity no auto available, if you want that you are foced into the dubious pleasure of the autmated manual a la C4 Picasso.
How do you identify the 90HP and 110HP engine? - TheOilBurner
The 110 has engine code DV6 TED4, the 90 DV6 ATED4.

Try looking for a sticker on the engine somewhere, probably on the cambelt cover.

I would have thought that Citroen customer services should also be able to tell you what engine (or software map!) you have from the VIN too.
How do you identify the 90HP and 110HP engine? - bathtub tom
>>The 110 has engine code DV6 TED4, the 90 DV6 ATED4.

The A stands for asthmatic? ;>)

Apologies to any BRs who are.
Ah, found a paper label on the offside end of the engine that says "DV6 TED4".

Thank you OilBurner - I wonder why Citroen didn't know that?
How do you identify the 90HP and 110HP engine? - MikeTorque
Probably the same reason the Ford guys didn't know the difference between the 1.6 100 ps and 1.6 115 ps TI-VCT petrol engines when they first came out, no one had told them, they know now of course.

Having said that it would make life easier for everyone if the manufacturers would put a hard coded signature on the engine rather than a sticky label. It's all to do with saving cost and using the same engine with various configurations of engine management software which in turn produces differing power/torque characteristics and hence differing prices options.