Best time to buy a convertible - PB
I read recently (maybe on this site) that there was a lot of demand for convertibles as this is a good time to buy them. In other words not a good time to buy when demand is high. I would guess that September - November was the best time to buy and March-April to sell.
Any comments on Saab 9-3 vs Audi Convertibles?
Best time to buy a convertible - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
Yes..............both look horrible.

I know these things...................
Best time to buy a convertible - T Lucas
We seem to sell just as many with frost on the ground as when its bright hot sunshine.
>>We seem to sell just as many with frost on the ground as when its bright hot sunshine.<<

Personally I don't like convertibles in hot sunshine, I much prefer them on sunny Spring/Autumn or crisp winter days. As we are replacing our 2nd car it struck me that I may be able to pick up a soft-top at auction now and lose little or nothing selling it in early Spring.
An Audi would probably be my choice, I would consider the BMW but the auction reviews suggests that the E36 shape is too popular still.
Best time to buy a convertible - volvoman
Best time to buy a convertible ?

When you've just emigrated to the South of France.
Best time to buy a convertible - CM
no - i'd far rather have a hard top and air con.

apparently the Brits buy more soft tops than the Spanish.
Best time to buy a convertible - Ian (Cape Town)
Used to have a 323i cabriolet - lovely stuff, if you really want to spend five minutes smearing on suncream every time you go out, worry about some git ripping the hood, enjoy birds pooing on your head when you drive down shady lanes, getting that lovely muck-spreader and/or diesel exhaust whiff full force, having to pack everything in the boot or glovebox, in case some street-corner yob leans in to relieve you of briefcase. (ditto phone and sunglasses - easily snatched!)...
Having said that, It was a fun vehicle, and a f-magnet as well...
Best time to buy a convertible - THe Growler
My '66 Mustang went the other day, had 17 enquiries of which 11 viewed, 4 made offers. It's a visceral thing, logic is irrelevant...

Change is inevitable -- progress is optional.
Best time to buy a convertible - The Watcher
Ignore the person who said the 9-3 and audi convertibles were ugly. They aren't. The 9-3 conv is a good car having had one on test drive for 24 hours.

It was quick (150bhp version) and no wind noise with the hood up. The windbreak was also very good at keeping the draft off your neck! There was very little scuttle shake too.

If you want a 9-3 conv, get one imported from Finland. Despite what a UK salesman will tell you, it is the only place Saab makes the 9-3 conv.

Beware though, the new 9-3 conv is out in less than 2 years so expect some heavy depreciation when it comes out if you have the 'old' car.

The new audi conv, if you can get one, has a massive engine so expect big fuel bills.
Thanks for that. I would buy ex-fleet from auction. I do like the look of the new Audi, but this is for a 2nd car that is necessary, but little used.
I remember three years ago on a US road trip, we hired a Mustang convertible for a few weeks. It was so hot on the East coast it was 7.30 in the evening before it was even bearable to have the top down...