07 1.6 demisting - foggynote
Great car but I'm fed up with continual windscreen misting. I dont want the aircon in winter (also fuel efficiency) as recommended. Anyone else experience this or is it peculiar to my car?
07 1.6 demisting - daveyjp
Perfectly normal for modern cars with aircon. In order to ensure aircon is efficient cars are made very air tight - just look at the seals around the doors.

If you don't want aircon on, set recirc off, air directed at screen with fan setting on more than just 1.

I'd just use aircon, the slight extra cost in fuel is worth it for condensation free windows 100% of the time.
07 1.6 demisting - bathtub tom
>>cars are made very air tight

I'll disagree with that! For the heating/cooling system to work efficiently in 'fresh air' mode, the air inside the vehicle must be allowed to escape. Have a careful look around the rear of any vehicle, and I can almost guarantee you'll find a 'flap' valve or two.
07 1.6 demisting - Bill Payer
I've read elsewhere that Note's tend to do this.

07 1.6 demisting - Galad
Aircon should be used for at least 20 minutes a week to keep the system self-maintained - use it or lose it.
07 1.6 demisting - Halmer
There is loads about this on the main Nissan Qashqai forum but I've never had an issue with mine.

I just leave my Air con on auto for most of the time and it works fine albeit not as hot as my previous VW Passat.