2002 1.8 faulty wheel sensor - mikeymike
The ABS warning light and the one next to it come on sometimes while driving. Switching off the ignition and re-starting usually solves the problem. I've just had the diagnostic test done (£35) and it shows a wheel sensor fault. I've also noticed sometimes the speedo shows a speed when stationary. I'm assuming these faults are connected? can the sensor be cleaned, adjusted or only replaced? if so how easy is it?

I still have my alarm problems too (see other posts earlier) . We have cleared all fault codes and will see when they re-appear and get it re-tested (no extra charge )
I'm still not sure if i should change the powersounder in case it is another fault?

many thanks, Mike
2002 1.8 faulty wheel sensor - eastenddoy
hi mike
which wheel sensor if is the near side front. you will have to replace the near side front wheel bearing.
2002 1.8 faulty wheel sensor - Dynamic Dave
Speedo uses the ABS sensor for the signal, so yes, the faults are connected. The sensor is integral to the hub assembly which means the whole hub needs replacing.
2002 1.8 faulty wheel sensor - mikeymike
Oh boy ! the hub for a sensor. What sort of cost and how easy is it to DIY ? Guess it's worth taking a look at it first to see if there are any loose connections etc. It's intermittent so may be a chance.
have to go back monday to have the diagnostic confirm the fault after clearing the old codes.

Still struggling on the power sounder though. If it's not bleeping (prior to going off)does that indicate another fault not the sounder ?

cheers, mike