03 1.4 Fading of Red Paintwork - doctorchris
Now I know that red cars do fade, so I'm not disappointed or angry.
Also, I thought this had been covered in previous posts but couldn't find anything on a search.
So, our 5 year old Jazz in Monaco Red (solid colour) has slight fading of its paintwork on the front edge of the bonnet and on the roof. It looks like these are areas of the body impacted by weather at motorway speeds. We can live with this but if it can be corrected with minimal damage to the layer of paint, which product(s) would the forum recommend?
I'm inclined to try T-Cut for metallic finishes but if there's anything gentler I would be pleased to know. Is it then worth applying the HJ routine of paintwork protection?
It is interesting to note that this pre-registered car was supplied with dealer-applied paintwork protection and has been regularly washed and polished.
Still a great car, though, looking good and running like new after 46,000 miles.
03 1.4 Fading of Red Paintwork - Victorbox
Before resorting to a moderately harsh paint restorer like T-Cut I'd try two sessions of Autoglym Super Resin polish applied to the faded paint & firmly buffed off. You will probably be so impressed you will polish the rest of the car with it. If applied once or twice a year and the car is only washed with proper car shampoo the problem shouldn't reoccur.
03 1.4 Fading of Red Paintwork - Robin the Technician
Totally agree. My Daughters Corsa had a similar problem and following advice on this forum I used Autoglym and have never looked back. Great stuff!!!

03 1.4 Fading of Red Paintwork - John S
After the polish, apply a coat or two of Autoglym Extra gloss. It forms a protective layer. Needs repeating one or twice a year, but worth it. Worked a treat preventing fade on my red Vectra, which stood out for nearly 6 years.

JS
03 1.4 Fading of Red Paintwork - oldtoffee
Good advice on the polishing but then you must add some protection afterwards - a good wax or the Autoglym Extra Gloss. Before you polish it, I'd recommend you clay bar the car, after washing it to remove all the bonded contaminants that polishing won't. It makes a huge difference to the final finish, only takes an extra hour or so and makes subsequent polish/wax jobs much quicker and effective.
03 1.4 Fading of Red Paintwork - doctorchris
Thank you, all, for your advice.