2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - Help23
Help
I have a leak ever time it rains in the door well - i have had a new door seal fitted but water is still coming in when it rains.

Any ideas?????
2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - Peter D
I would suspect he plastic membrain behind the door card is letting the water in. Regards peter
2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - TurboD
try talcum powder down to see where water runs are . Also are you sure it is not the windscreen seal?,
But the poly membrane is the favourite- I've had it.
2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - nick62
I had a minor prang on my 306 drivers door when the car was almost new.

The Peugeot main dealer who repaired the car (basically filler, paint and new trim) did not fit a new membrane behind the interior trim and I had the same problem. It took me ages to realise what the problem was, (I discovered this when I took off the door trim myself, almost 12 months after the repair).

After a lot of arguing with the dealer, they agreed to supply the part free of charge and I fitted it myself.

All due to penny-pinching (or ignorance) in my opinion.
2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - Andrew-T
>All due to penny-pinching (or ignorance) in my opinion.<

More likely to save time, or simply not realising what the membrane is for. DIY is quite simple, provided time is unimportant.
2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - Help23
Is it pretty easy and cheap to do or best to give the car to the garage to sort out??

2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - hal2100
I also have this problem.

I removed the driver's door interior panel. There is no membrane, but each of the cavities has a dense grey foam pad sealed over it. These are all very sculpted and form fitting, so I presume they are factory fitted. They are all in good shape and well sealed, except for one over the (key) door lock which had been ripped and had been taped closed again. (A close look indicates that the lock barrel has been changed, presumably due to an attempted break-in). There is zero evidence of water coming through any part of the door. There is dry dust on all the internal surfaces and in the speaker well (next to where the water may be expected to be coming in).

I also tried running water through the sunroof drain and that comes out in a messy stream right under the footwell, so I had an 'Aha!' moment, thinking it may be soaking back up. But after putting 20L of water down that drain, there was no indication of dampness.

Water drained freely out of the windscreen gutter in the engine cavity, but I cleaned any debris out anyway.

Now what? Do I start replacing seals? I presume the door seal would be cheaper than the winscreen seal.

2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - thomp1983
it'll be the door seal, if you squeeze it near where the drainage holes are in it you'll likely find it's wet. the drainage holes lose effectiveness over time. you can either fit a new seal or put extra holes in the door seal, just make sure there on the lower side of the rubber so the water drains out of the car and not into it.

chris
2001 1.4 Leak when it rains - hal2100
Will do Chris. Thanks.