05 1.6 Boot opening!!!! - ukrad
Hi Gents,
I problem has just started yesterday with my focus. When ever I apply the brake pedal the boot unlocks and I get the warning on the dash saying luggage compartment open.
It does the even when the car isn't running but with the ignition on. I have looked for fuses that might have blown but can not find one and all the connections to the boot seem fine. The other thing is I can only open the boot by using the boot button on the key, even when I unlock the car I can not open the boot by the boot catch.

Any idea?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/09/2008 at 11:10

05 1.6 Boot openning!!!! - Simon
It sounds like you've got a wiring fault somewhere.
05 1.6 Boot openning!!!! - ukrad
Should this be easy to trace for a garage meaning about 2 hours labour?
05 1.6 Boot openning!!!! - Peter D
Does this happen if the car is stationary. Worth a look under the dash as it could be as simple as a cable harness running on the brake pedal up at the top. Regards Peter
05 1.6 Boot openning!!!! - Altea Ego
It coul dbe a broekn or loose earth to the tailgate
Does this happen if the car is stationary. Worth a look under the dash as
it could be as simple as a cable harness running on the brake pedal up
at the top. Regards Peter

Yep Peter it does do it when stationary.
Is it easy to remove the plastic around that area to have a look for cable harness?
just looked under dash by the pedals and no loose wires are ties near the brake pedal?

Any other ideas?PLEASSSE
05 1.6 Boot openning!!!! - Simon
Does the Focus II have complex can bus wiring systems or is it controlled by traditional 'normal' cabling? If its the former then it could be quite a technical problem, if its the latter then a simple wiring fault is more than likely the cause.
05 1.6 Boot openning!!!! - gandaulf
Well known problem and the subject of a Ford recall of the boot electronic mechanism.