01 2.2 Parking Sensors Malfunction suddenly - TristanC
Hi all, me again !!

Another problem that came shortly after my initial problems with my multifunction display is my Parking Sensors.

They worked without problem for the first 6 months, then all of a sudden they stopped working.

For example, I reversed into my Mum & Dads driveway and they worked. I drove from there to my house, again reversed in to my driveway and they weren't working. They haven't worked since.

I do have a Peugeot fixed tow bar and electrics fitted. And I do tow a caravan. And the sensors have intermittently stopped working after I unplugged the caravans electrics. but when I turned the car off and on again they worked. This happened about twice since I've had the car.

I've had the car on the PSA diag system and the Parking sensors are reported to have no malfunction, despite me getting that long beep when engaging reverse to tell me there is a problem.

The PSA diag system was showing readings that the sensors thought that the object was 100's of feet away, depite the object being right behind it.

Any ideas on this one???

Tris