HJ - New Vectra? - Dan J
Are you likely to be getting a new Vectra for test in the not too distant future HJ?

Dan
Re: HJ - New Vectra? - Honestjohn
They haven't offered me one. I wonder why not? But it's on the list.

HJ
Re: HJ - New Vectra? - RickyBoy
A Skoda Superb then perhaps?...
Re: HJ - New Vectra? - Gary Bain
Its not surprising Vauxhall haven't offered you one yet. Vauxhalls own staff who went on the launch last week were only able to drive left hand drive vehicles no doubt Opels. Anyway, I have been advised you can order the vehicle now for delivery beginning of JULY.
Re: HJ - Skoda Superb? - Honestjohn
Not a bad idea, but after LBC yesterday I don't know if they'll let me have any Skoda.

HJ
Re: HJ - Skoda Superb? - Dan J
Do tell all HJ...
Re: HJ - what happened ? on LBC? - jack
yes, please tell us all.
Re: HJ - New Vectra? - Honestjohn
Anna Boulter had me on her afternoon show after the 'surprise' announcement that the Octavia had come third in the What Car? / JD Power customer satisfaction survey of V and W reg cars. I pointed out that if a punter has a low expectation then it doesn't take much to satisfy him, but if he has a high expectation it does, also mentioning that the Octavia came 24th in the Auto Express reliability league. To its credit, I pinted out that underneath an Octavia is basically an Audi A3, Golf Mk IV, SEAT Toledo and SEAT Leon, but with different suspension settings. We took two calls from punters, one of whom towed a caravan with an Octavia TDI 110 after having previously towed with a Volvo 740, so I explained why diesels were good for towning at caravan speeds. Then a bloke called Chris came on to tell us he was on his 6th Skoda, the first of which had been an Estelle and the remaining five Favorits. But Chris never paid more than £200 for his cars. So I told a couple of stories about Estelles being nailed together by forced labour convicts. We also got onto Fabias and I warned against the troublesome 1.4 8 valver. Anna rounded off by asking if I'd recommend a new Skoda, so I said okay as long as it isn't a 1.4 8 valve Fabia. We never had time to get into the Superb.

HJ
Re: HJ - New Vectra? - Moosh
"Chris never paid more for his cars"

Had he a North East accent ?? Chris W..... ?
Re: HJ - New Vectra? - RickyBoy
Only third you say?...
Re: HJ - Not Bin-Lada - Honestjohn
Nah, this woz a London geezer. Unless you've got digital radio or pick it up on your computer you can't get LBC in Tynemouth.

HJ
Re: HJ - Not Bin-Lada - Moosh
Bet it stirred 'fond' memories anyhow !