fiat uno tuning - dan_b
does any one out there know any easy ways to tune a fiat uno the engine? It is the punto type with the over head cam set up. It is a 1.0litre.
I want some easy ways to tune it to make it more powerfull and a bit quicker on top end, and acceleration. I am a bit skint, so as cheap as possible, and i would like to do the work myself.

If any one can help that would be great, cheers

{Some punctuation added to make easier reading, and to cut down on possible sarcastic replies - bathtub tom, please note! DD}
fiat uno tuning - dan_b
obviously i will give it a oil and filter change while i'm doin it, a spark plug and air filter change, also maybe a cam belt and tensioner bearing change.

Can anyone can give me some advice or some websites that tell me, or sell performance parts for it.

{and again! - DD}
fiat uno tuning - bathtub tom
Yer take the hed orf an grine inn ver vevles an shim em up
fiat uno tuning - dan_b
ok thanks i got told that a punto has the same engine so if i weree to get a 1.2 punto head and skim that and port and polish it and use the 1.2 cam on my block would that fit and go better cheers
fiat uno tuning - bell boy
to be honest i dont know if it would work but i would try it (look in haynes if you can and see if the valves are bigger? ,your local library may have these books)
or easier still just whack the 1.2 engine in
nobody will know
most important thing with the uno was they had chronic brakes
make sure these are A1 first

good luck bro

fiat uno tuning - dan_b
thanks m8 i think the valves are a bit bigger but that should b a good thing i am thinkin about puttin uno turbo brakes on the front and rear so it will hav disc's all round so they should work pretty good i would imagine i don't want to put a bigger engine in it for insurance purpose's i think i will just get a whole engine out of a scrap yard from a punto and try the head on it and if that doesn't work i will just hav to put the whole engine in even tho my insurance will go up a little cheers
fiat uno tuning - dan_b
if the punto engine is the same will the gearbox of a punto gfit on my engine becayuse my gearbox is a 4 speed and i would prefer a 5 or 6 speed i hav heard that the punto sportings hav a 6 speed box so if anybody knows if that is the same engine and will fit on mine that wil b a great help also cheers
fiat uno tuning - dan_b
i'm also pretty sure i could get the engine and gearbox from a scrap yard for about £50 - £100 ish
fiat uno tuning - bell boy
forget the 6 speed ers they only fitted them for about a year on the m reg i think
obviously not one of fiats better ideas
if you can get the engine for £50 go for it and have a mess
dont forget the gears work with linkages so transfering from 4 to 5 speed is not straifght forward
i asume you have an early uno with a carb then
can you get something like a webber and a freeflow exhaust manifold to make the engine breathe better?
fiat uno tuning - dan_b
it is a j reg it is one of the early mark 2 45 fires which it is on a standard webber carb i don't mind doin a bit of work to make it 5 speed it's just the cost's that i can't afford thats y i r4eally can't go down the road of new manifolds and stuff like that cheers anyway m8 also does anybody know if the suspension set up is the same cos i am thinkin about lowering it aswell but i can't find a lowering kit for it but i can find loads for punto's cheers