'ilford.mdip.bt.net' - a plea for sanity - CB
When replying to posts, my ISP address is put in as 'ilford.mdip.bt.net'. I understand others who make bogus posts have had this address too.

I do not make bogus, offensive or anonymous posts. I also have no choice as to what the system puts in for the ISP address.

I find it irritating when I try to make a sensible post asking genuine questions and I am shot down in flames because the system has put 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' in the ISP address field and individuals therefore assume I am a bogus poster. I can do nothing about this, but ask that I am treated as the genuine person I am.

Just because someone is making anonymous and bogus posts from 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' should not mean that all of us with similar ISP addresses should be treated badly. I do not live near Ilford, and do not use an ISP with Ilford or BT in the name. I have a genuine interests in cars and have and would never make bogus or irresponsible posts.

Thank you.
Re: 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' - a plea for sanity - Andy Bairsto
I think the problem may arise because you have no reply E mail address on your postings.This site was plaqued by a minority of idiots who now seem to have disappeared but some and rightly so regular contributors are a little wary.
Re: 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' - a plea for sanity - Wee Eckie
Ah'm here.
Re: 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' - a plea for sanity - Simon Butterworth
I agree with Andy. I normally show my e mail address and get something with the last paet of the domain where CB gets the ilford bit. Posted this without just to see if it made a difference.
Re: 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' - a plea for sanity - Simon Butterworth
It didn't!!
Re: 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' - a plea for sanity - RogerL
It also doesn't make any difference to give return e-mail address as this post will show. My theory is that it relates to Freeserve ISP e-mail addresses. One thing you can be sure on though, it has NOTHING to do with bogus addresses, I wouldn't know how to create one if I tried.
Re: 'ilford.mdip.bt.net' - a plea for sanity - Poxy Jock
Wee Eckie

As they would say in my part of the world, on seeing your post, "What's that got to do with Paisley?" Or do you simply mean that *you* know how to create a bogus address?

Och awa' an' bile yer heid, ye wee nyaff!

PJ