Vauxhall Zafira. Broken key. - princess
The button on my key isn't working. I can still lock the car with the key in the door but when I un-lock it, the alarm goes off.
How can I stop the alarm going off?
Thanks.
Vauxhall Zafira. Broken key. - Adam {P}
Have you tried replacing the battery in the key? There was a recent topic on this this week I think.
Yes, the battery has been changed and you can see where the button is broken.
Can't afford to replace the whole key at the moment and the same thing happened to the spare last year.
Vauxhall Zafira. Broken key. - LeePower
When you changed the key fob battery did you recode the remote key fob to the car?

Vauxhall Zafira. Broken key. - Carrow
We used to pack them out with a piece of folded card to take up the slack, if you get my drift. 9 times out of 10 this would cure it.
THANK YOU!!!! Love the technical hint with the folded cardboard. It did the trick. Still need to order a new key though but you lot have been more helpful that the dealer! Thanks again.
Vauxhall Zafira. Broken key. - Dynamic Dave
If it's just the outer shell of the keyfob, why not contact Vauxhall and ask how much a replacement is? Failing that, look on somewhere like ebay for a 2nd hand fob, and just use the outer shell from that - (obviously remembering to swap over the immobiliser chip and internal electronics) which ever way you go about it. You won't be able to use the internal electronics from the 2nd hand fob because that will first need marrying up to your car.

To stop the alarm going off for now, reach in via the rear offside door and press the button down on the drivers door, then close the rear door. Remember though, the car won't be deadlocked or alarmed, but at least when you return to the car you can open the door without the alarm sounding.

I take it you're aware you can turn off the alarm when you open the door by putting the key in the ignition and turning to position 2 (ie the dash lights come on)