Cleaning inside the rear window - L'escargot
One (but only one) of the reasons I prefer a hatch to a saloon is because of how much easier it is to clean the inside of the rear window on a hatch. And the older I get the more I appreciate this advantage!
--
L\'escargot.
Cleaning inside the rear window - Red Baron
Ooh, I don't know.

Cleaning the inside of my Mondeo (hatch) rear window I have to be at full stretch on one foot, leaning against the car. And I'm six foot. The only alternative would be to climb into the boot.
Cleaning inside the rear window - cheddar
Yet another advantage of a motorbike ;-)
Cleaning inside the rear window - Pugugly {P}
On a damp cold morning, I could just about wipe the condensation from the inside of the rear window of a Moggie 1000 from the driver's seat - this was before universal HRWs.
Cleaning inside the rear window - Altea Ego
could just about wipe the condensation from the inside of the rear window of a Moggie 1000 from the driver's seat

Twizzle! you are alive and well then!
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
The long arm of the law perhaps, but perfectly daoable at Traffic lights - just.
Cleaning inside the rear window - David Horn
You guys clean your rear windscreens? I don't think I've ever touched the inside of mine in the last 3 years, and it's still clean.
Cleaning inside the rear window - oldgit
You guys clean your rear windscreens? I don't think I've
ever touched the inside of mine in the last 3 years,
and it's still clean.

Are you sure? I would compare and contrast after a wipe down. I always find it amazing how many people neglect the cleaning of the inside surfaces of their car's windows, especially the windscreen.

I've followed many a car where I have been able to see the most awful artefacts on those windscreens.
I must admit to being somewhat obsessive about the cleanliness of my interior glass and find this omission in others, riles me, I'm sorry to say.

How do they manage to see out properly when the sun is shining directly at them or, worse still, at nightime etc.
Cleaning inside the rear window - No FM2R
>>Twizzle

Omigoodgod. Now there's a name I haven't heard for a while. Had expanding legs and arms, as well as being enormously smug and irritating.

So, I guess you're old then ?
>>Twizzle

I remembered the expanding arms/legs thing (useful for the r1200) didn't remember the character traits but I guess I was about 4 at the time.
Cleaning inside the rear window - Fullchat
Yeah but then you have to clean all the dead bugs off your visor, windshield and clothing!!
--
Fullchat
Cleaning inside the rear window - Stuartli
I've found that Autoglym's glass cleaner to be the best of its type I've used over many years, particularly for the interior glass surfaces.

Problem is that the other half also discovered just how good it is for the house equivalents..:-(
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Cleaning inside the rear window - JH
L, fully agree. I'm driving a saloon after many years of driving hatchbacks and cleaning the inside of the back window is a right pain. I don't bend that way. Well not any more anyway. And I even had to take the rear head restraints off first. I found the best tactic, having had to partially fold the rear seats to get the head restraints off, was to fully collapse them and sit with my legs in the boot.

Maybe it's a job for a small child, like going up chimneys or setting video recorders?

JH
Cleaning inside the rear window - piggy
Cleaning the rear screen should be done with caution. Years ago I bought a second -hand Alfa Romeo.Car was great,but idiot in garage (trainee) had managed to rub off most of the heating element.That`s why I always try to limit how often it`s done to a minimum.

All the way up to six if I have to...and maybe faster than you.
Cleaning inside the rear window - bell boy
clean all the windows properly when you get the car, then never let anyone smoke in it,they dont need doing very often then unless you have people rubbing them with their hands etc.
>>they dont need doing very often then unless you have people rubbing them with their hands etc.>>

The problem is that fumes and other contamination is constantly coming in through the heating system vents which means that internal windows, especially the windscreen, soon build up a film on the glass.

That holds moisture and needs to be eliminated as regularly as necessary.

Re the mention of heated rear screen elements. I find that using the soft Autoglym glass cleaner plus lint free cloths ensure that there is little risk of damage although, to be honest, my Bora's rear screen is a swine to clean because of its steep angle.
Cleaning inside the rear window - L'escargot
The problem is that fumes and other contamination is constantly coming
in through the heating system vents which means that internal windows,
especially the windscreen, soon build up a film on the glass.

The situation is a lot better since they started fitting pollen filters.
--
L\'escargot.
Cleaning inside the rear window - Dynamic Dave
The problem is that fumes and other contamination is constantly coming in through the heating system....

Another cause is the plastic interior trim. The plasticisers in it seep out (especially in hot weather) and cause the greasy film on the windscreen.
or dogs.
>>or dogs.>>

Sadly that cause of dirty windows went to the great dog heaven in the sky on February 10th..:-(
Cleaning inside the rear window - Altea Ego
Never mind Stuartli, to make up for it you will be pleased to note that FiFi the TVM faithfull hound decided yesterday would be a good day for a swim in the canal. The canal is quite low due to the drought and Fifi became mud covered.

Despite dire warnings to the contrary she decided that a good shake dry in the back of the touran was called for.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
>>a good shake dry>>

That's exactly what Sid used to do if we got caught on the golf course by a sudden downpour - could never shake him out of the habit...:-)
Cleaning inside the rear window - Cliff Pope
Maybe it's a job for a small child, like going up
chimneys or setting video recorders?

In my experience it's the small child that has caused the sticky mess in the first place.
Cleaning inside the rear window - madf
so - reading this thread - am I doing something wrong?
Cos I just open the hatch and clean the window with no problems at all.

Or am I just superbly fit, lithe and tanned?
madf