Old Stock?? - jc2
Bought a fuel filter and an oil filter recently;fuel filter was marked "Motorcraft" as usual but the oil filter was marked "FoMoCo";a trademark that I thought was long gone but the part was not for an old car.
Old Stock?? - none
Back in the early 90's I bought a brake master cylinder for a Vauxhall.
The container had a 'use by' date stamped on it - something in the early 2000's.
Old Stock?? - mfarrow
What Ford engine was it for? So long as it has the latest EFL number on it then there's no problem. I don't know if they still use the FoMoCo to tade with?

--------------
Mike Farrow
Old Stock?? - jc2
No EFL number but it fitted and works.
Old Stock?? - Marc
I think FoMoCo is still used in the US - what car/engine are the parts for?
Old Stock?? - jc2
1.8TD and the commonest US Ford trademark is "Autolite".
Old Stock?? - smoke
I think that Motorcraft is an old trademark, and things have gone back to FoMoCo. My new Fiesta came with a FoMoCo filter from build (2004) and every time it has been changed, and i have bought one myself it has always been FoMoCo.
Old Stock?? - madf
Once Ford make dies for stampings, they tend not to change them unless essential: it costs money. Change of name is not essential for spare parts (cars yes or replacementi.e new design parts yes)
madf
Old Stock?? - mfarrow
I think that Motorcraft is an old trademark, and things have
gone back to FoMoCo.

I think you're right Smoke, things have FoMoCo'd again.

Just had a look at our new Focus, wanted to see how the handbrake worked (all-round discs - I didn't find out, though I think it's hydraulic), and noticed that the shocks, exhaust, and heatshield all had FoMoCo stamped in them, and I couldn't find a mention of Motorcraft.

--------------
Mike Farrow