Heated ice scrapers opinions please! :) - wowser
Hi everyone
I was just wondering if anyone who have used heated ice scrapers give me there opinions on them, I'm thinking to buy one however a friend of mine reckons they are not effective, as winter is coming I Want to be prepared (even had a bout of frost today and took about 5mins scraping to clear), I dont really want to go down the route of pouring warm (not hot) water on my windscreen etc and this looked ideal.

to give an idea, this is the sort of thing I was thinking to buy:
URL Link removed as suspected of spamming. DD

Thanks in advance

PS great site!
Heated ice scrapers opinions please! :) - Nsar
Unless you have very limited arm strnegth, give the money you're about to waste to your favourite charity where it will do a lot more good.
Heated ice scrapers opinions please! :) - MrWibble
Don't touch with a barge-pole ! I was given a set for birthday last year and tiny clearance between kettle element and windscreen meant window scratches before I realised what was happening.

They do not perform as well as de-icer and / or elbow grease (based on el cheapo version I used) as element soons gets covered in ice etc and you have to wait for it to heat up again (up to a minute).

Of course then you have to wait for it to cool down as you don't really want to put it next to your umbrella like I did and melt a big hole in it (nearly did the same to the carpet).

Oh and mixing freezing glass and extremely hot element is not a good idea either.

Got the message ? I don't like them !
spammed :( - Imagos
looks like a (free) plug to me.
spammed :( - bell boy
can i have the plug?broke one today in the cold.:)
spammed :( - Nsar
If so then I suspect Wowser may regret it. If not, then Wowser I apologise but still don't waste your money on this kind of garbage.
spammed :( - Hugo {P}
Wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

Furthermore, I suspect this is a plug. Unless Wowser can convince us otherwise, his account will remain disabled.

Thread locked

Hugo - BR Moderator