AC-Delco Battery - Kevin
Went to get the Chevy out of the garage today for it's fortnightly run and the battery has decided to expire even though it's on a fully automatic charger. The battery is an AC-Delco 75-6YR which has side mounted terminals.

I can order one from the US. for about $120 plus shipping but before I do, does anyone know where I can get a replacement or equivalent without paying the ridiculous markup GM UK. expect?

Kevin...
AC-Delco Battery - Aprilia
Can you not replace the battery connectors with European-style clamps and buy a Bosch battery?
AC-Delco Battery - Dynamic Dave
does anyone know where I can get a replacement or equivalent without paying the ridiculous markup GM UK. expect?

GM, well ok, batteries purchased through Vauxhall aren't as expensive as a lot of people think, and also come with a 3yr guarantee. Not sure if any of their range have side mounted terminals though, but you could always do what Aprilia suggested and replace connectors on the ends of the leads.
AC-Delco Battery - henry k
Maybe some battery isolators could be adapted instead of chopping the connectors?
AC-Delco Battery - elekie&a/c doctor
Try a vauxhall dealer.The Sintra model has similar side bolt on connectors.
AC-Delco Battery - defender
if you buy ordinary terminal connectors and bolt through where the lead would normaly go you can connect your leads to any battery you want .(I am guessing you mean your leads just have a bolt hole in them)
AC-Delco Battery - Kevin
I can't use a battery with top-mounted terminals because there is virtually zero clearance with the bonnet closed (less than 1cm at the front edge.) There's also very little clearance around the sides so I can't get a shallower but wider unit with equivalent capacity. I was hoping that someone knew of a more common Euro/Japanese vehicle that used a similar battery.

I'll check out elekie's suggestion of the one fitted to a Sintra.

Thanks, Kevin...
AC-Delco Battery - henry k
Maybe my local Hummer dealer can direct you to a source.
www.americancarriage.co.uk/
AC-Delco Battery - suedev
Could you please tell if and where yougot your battery for the chevy from as i am having the same problem and am unable to source a battery anywhere

Thanks

Sue
AC-Delco Battery - Kevin
A belated thanks to elekie here for his suggestion of a Sintra battery.

Suedev,

I ordered one of these:

tinyurl.com/ycepx7h

£76 + £8 delivery inc. VAT. Arrived next day and fitted perfectly. Still going strong.

Thanks again elekie.

Kevin...